Sunday, December 10, 2006
posted by Selba at 9:49 PM

1
2a
21a2
3
4
5
6
7
9


Regarding Maturity…

In this society that emphasizes on the packaging, we would sometimes inevitably envy other people’s good looks, and lament about our own imperfection.

But in my years of experience, I have discovered that there’s no one life that is perfect, everyone has a lack of something.

Some couples are very loving, monthly salary of 10K+, but they could have problems bearing child.
Some people have the looks and talent, but could have a rough time in relationships.
Some people have lots of money, but they don’t have filial children.
Some people look to have a good life, but their brain could be empty all their life.

Everyone’s life has been designed with imperfections,
you may not want it, but it will follow you.
I used to hate my imperfection,
but now I have learnt to accept it with open arms

Because I understand that the flaw in life is like a spike on our backs, reminding us to be humble and to emphasize with others.

If there are no hardships, we will be complacent. If there is no depression, we cannot emphasize and console those who are less fortunate.

I also believe that life cannot be too perfect, having a crack to let happiness flow to others is a beautiful thing.

You don’t have to have everything.
If you have everything, what’s left for the others?
Also recognise that life has flaws,
that I will not compare myself with others,
instead cherish what you already have.

So, don’t go around envying others, count the blessings that Heaven has bestowed upon you, you will find that there are more things that you have than things that you don’t have

And what you do not have, although not lovable, is very much part of your life,
accept and appreciate it, and your life will be much happier.

If you are a clam,
Do you want to bear all the pains to produce a pearl…..or you do not want the pearl and choose to live comfortably?!

If you are a mouse,
you suddenly find yourself captured in a rat trap and in front of you is a piece of delicious cake,
do you eat the cake or not?!

Early piggy banks are made of clay, once it is filled, it has to be broken…
If there is such a piggy bank, no money has been put into it, until today and it has become a very priceless antique…..
Which piggy bank do you wish to be?!

Everytime you think of it, note down your answers…
Until a day when your answers does not change….
Then you are mature!

Find someone who understands you…
and also hope you are that someone who understands him/her...

The intelligent like to guess people’s heart…
Although everytime they get it right, they will lose their own...

The innocent and naive love to give their hearts…
Although they get laughed at everytime but they would have won over other people’s hearts...

The fish said: I can’t see my tears because I am in the water...

The water said: I can feel your tears because you are in my heart...

Labels:

 
32 Comments:


At Sunday, December 10, 2006 9:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

very cute missing piece cartoon! almost reminded me of my own "missing piece" post, but that's a slightly different story... *grin*

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Chen

Yeah, most people are already blessed in many ways, but they never realize it :D

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger PinkPanther

Very true story! I don't have to say any objection.

What we are going to do is: LOVE OUR PRESENT LIFE, DO OUR BEST IN THE FUTURE.

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Selba

may: ah... gotta read your "missing piece" post :)

chen: yup, and mostly is because they are not satisfied with their life or experience in other way :)

pinkpanterh: hehehe... yeah, me also have no objection.

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 1:20:00 PM, Blogger Pink Cotton

♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥
HELOOOOOOO

COTTONISH SPONGE CAROLLING GROUP YIU LAI LO~~

1-2-3...

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signsof stopping
And I've bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kissgoodnight
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm

The fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!


♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Pink Cotton

YEAH!i love the missing piece power point..i still keep it in my pc :)

full of meaning...

wooo kuching is experiencing very heavy rain during the weekends...almost like snow to me :)

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:27:00 PM, Blogger Redsponge

this is one of the first few ppt that i received from my colleague. I think it is very meaningful.

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:15:00 PM, Blogger L B

hahaha, I, on the other hand, never opens my PPTs, so this is new to me. Like watching a movie liddat, followed by a long sermon!! Amen!

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Selba

pink cotton: *claps* thanks...

pink cotton: hahaha... you also still keep it? same like me... it's been years in my pc :)

Jakarta is so hot!!! no more rains these days, but we believe it will soon rain again, hoping there will be no flood although it sounds impossible :(

red sponge: You still remember it? yup.. very meaningful :)

bee: *nod nod* Hallelujah! Amen! GBU Bee! *shake hands*

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 10:07:00 PM, Blogger golfer

Strictly speaking, non of the item in this world is perfect, but it does not means we will never have perfect thing. It is all depending on the ruler deep in our heart to measure perfection. That ruler determines how many perfect items you will have in our life.

 

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger ah nel

wuahhhh...u reli post it up...as its reli long story n i think i stil had it...

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 11:15:00 AM, Blogger PhotoCrazy

Reading it makes me one of the piece and also the one with the missing piece. Now I have someone and it like the one piece rooling too fast. Luckily, I manage to slow down and look at the things I want to do..

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Selba

golfer: I totally agreed with you :)

ah nel: LOL... yup, I took me quite a long time to make the ppt.file to jpg.file. Anyway, I think it's worth it :)

photocrazy: Whoaa.. I guess you are one of the real sample :) Make sure that you are not too fast nor too slow, ok!

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 1:49:00 PM, Blogger Jaeboy

does the comic strip means that we get fed up with our perfect piece when we eventually finds it?

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 5:33:00 PM, Blogger _butt

I'll remember this.. always. :)

Thanks for sharing.. *sniff sniff*

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 5:41:00 PM, Blogger a^ben

i like the fish and water conversation` aiyoyoyoyy :D

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 7:33:00 PM, Blogger Selba

jaeboy: I don't think so.. it's trying to say that sometimes, something that isn't perfect is much better than perfect :)

_butt: it's something good to remember especially during when we think that we feel that we are not perfect if.. if.. if... :)

a^ben: hahaha.. isn't it so sweet.... :D

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Redsponge

rain dy? no? but christmas is coming soon...

Dashing through the snow
In a one horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go
Laughing all the way
Bells on bob tails ring
Making spirits bright
What fun it is to laugh and sing
A sleighing song tonight

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Cocka Doodle

So...have you found your missing piece yet?

 

At Monday, December 11, 2006 11:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

hello.. very thought-provoking entry u got here.. thanks for sharing.. ;)

 

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger cutiepie

missing??? me got lost .. mewie cwismas selba

 

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Wayne

life is full of missing pieces and mysteries. It's just where and how u claim it on the right time!

 

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Selba

red sponge: *singing along* thanks :)

cocka doodle: hehehe... *whispering*

yenchiew: hi, thanks for dropping by in here, glad that you like it :)

cp1: oh.. oh.. don't get lost! *give a hand* mellie mellie clismas to u too :D

wayne: :) yeah... true...

 

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Goober

true enough..we like to make ourselves filled with perfection..

once we got it, it's just not what we need, since the rest of us is enough for others.

if everyone knew this, there'll no longer be anyone who's low in confidence, and all would be able to enjoy a wonderful life to its fullnest.

 

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hi selby! Love your beautiful red apples. Thought they were cherries at first!
Just want to tell you, live your life on your own terms and no one else's. No matter how rich/beautiful/smart one is, there is always someone richer/more beautiful/smarter. So the heck with others, I love me just the way I am! And you just the way you are! Happy Christmas to you!

 

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:25:00 PM, Blogger The Moody Minstrel

Wow, what a marathon post! I don't even want to ask how long it took you to write it!

I especially appreciate the part about the stone becoming perfect but then finding he can't do anything anymore. It's in our imperfections that we find our humanity. After all, human beings are imperfect by nature.

And people who like to believe they are perfect tend to be really annoying...

 

At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Selba

mr. goober: Wow... very true what you said! :)

kat: hi kat, long time not see, how are you? Oh.. the cherries are is below the side bar :)

Thanks for the advise, I will remember it!

Merry Christmas to you too :)

MM: LOL, yes!!! I know those kind of ppl and I don't really like to be around them for a long time though sometimes I'm quite amazed by them, hehehe

 

At Monday, August 18, 2008 9:53:00 PM, Blogger Winn

how can i fill your missing pieces:P

 

At Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:01:00 AM, Blogger Selba

winn: *thinking very hard*
Not so sure... But if it's Adele that is missing the pieces, easy hor, you just send liucas by DHL to her, LOL

 

At Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Gardener-Sinya

my dear friend,

I've read this story many years ago, this time, I still moved by it as well.
Thank you for sharing this great story to us.